Sibley and McLeod Counties have become the latest local-area counties to approve the implementation of a wheelage tax. The Sibley County Board unanimously authorized the new $10 per-vehicle tax last week, and the McLeod County Board approved the tax on a 3-2 vote this week. Under the plan, the state will collect the revenue when people purchase license tabs for vehicles beginning January 1st, and it will be returned to counties in monthly payments and be used to improve roads. Other local counties that have approved a wheelage tax include: Brown, Carver, Cottonwood, Le Sueur, Martin, Renville, Scott and Watonwan. The Blue Earth, Nicollet and Redwood County Boards all recently voted down the new tax.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!