While the majority of Minnesota schools still wait until after Labor Day for the new school year to begin, for many local-area students classes get underway today (MON). A coalition of more than 2-dozen schools across southwestern Minnesota has been starting the school year early for several years now in an effort to improve student performance and test scores. The districts have been pooling their resources over the past few years as well. Some of those that are starting the new school year today include: Comfrey, Milroy, Mountain Lake, Redwood Area, Sleepy Eye, Springfield, Tracy and Westbrook-Walnut Grove.
- Mankato water flouride levels too high
- Beam Me into a Suite, Scotty! – Photos and Story by Gordy Jones
- Formal charges filed in prostitution sting
- Police warn of area scams
- Teenage suspect in drug fueled stabbing makes first appearance
- Gustavus arboretum recognized
- Hicks Has Arrived! – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Exhibit in Mankato will show 50 years of Viking’s training camp
- Jack Link’s Beef Jerky settles sexual harassment lawsuit
- Thursday Results
- Half dozen more arrested in prostitution ring
- Mankato Child Porn Sentencing
- Justin’s Casino Night Should Be a Full House!
- Smile Makers!
- Twins Serve the Fans – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Two people die in crash on Highway 169
- Authorities seeking help in finding missing Kasota man
- Morning News October 12
- Art Groups Awarded Grants
- Wolves Reach Agreement in Principle with Rick Adelman as Team’s Next Head Coach