The planned replacement of a damn in Lake Crystal has been delayed after the only bid for the project came in “significantly” over budget. The Blue Earth County Board rejected the bid this week. The cost of the Cystal Lake dam replacement had been estimated at $132,000, but the sole bid came in at $237,000. Blue Earth County officials will now reportedly be discussing cost-saving measures with engineering consultants and then solicit new bids in late fall or early winter.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today