A rural Sleepy Eye man was killed in a farm accident Thursday afternoon. The Brown County Sheriff’s Office responded to the home of 77-year-old Donald George Richert in Prairieville Township northwest of Cobden at around 4pm Thursday after receiving a 911 call concerning a burn victim. Authorities say that Richert had been working with a skidloader near a burn pit and had apparently gotten off the vehicle to move something in the pit when the skidloader moved forward and pinned his left leg under the front end. Richert then became trapped in the burn pit and received extensive burns to the majority of his body. He was pronounced dead at the scene. The Sheriff’s Office was assisted at the scene by two Clements Firefighters who had discovered the incident as well as Sleepy Eye Police and the Sleepy Eye Ambulance Service, along with the Minnesota State Patrol.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!