The City of Lake Crystal will be using state dollars to construct a new dam on Crystal Lake in the near future. The existing dam just off Highway 60 in Judson Township was built in 1920, and will be rendered obsolete by the new dam, which will be built just downstream on the opposite side of the railroad tracks. The plan is to abandon the existing dam in place and allow it to fall apart on its own due to safety concerns with crews trying to get to it. The water levels on the lake will remain the same once the new dam is in place. It is being designed by Barr Engineering, and bids for the project will be opened in early august.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today