Governor Dayton has declared July “Hire a Veteran Month” in Minnesota. Dayton Spokesperson Matt Swenson says the governor has a strong commitment to making sure all veterans and service members are connected with employment opportunities. Dayton signed a bill into law in May that allows private employers to implement their own veterans preference programs. The Department of Employment and Economic Development Website, www.positivelymn.com has a number of resources for veterans searching for a job.
- Mankato water flouride levels too high
- Beam Me into a Suite, Scotty! – Photos and Story by Gordy Jones
- Formal charges filed in prostitution sting
- Police warn of area scams
- Teenage suspect in drug fueled stabbing makes first appearance
- Gustavus arboretum recognized
- Hicks Has Arrived! – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Exhibit in Mankato will show 50 years of Viking’s training camp
- Jack Link’s Beef Jerky settles sexual harassment lawsuit
- Thursday Results
- Half dozen more arrested in prostitution ring
- Mankato Child Porn Sentencing
- Justin’s Casino Night Should Be a Full House!
- Smile Makers!
- Twins Serve the Fans – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- More Soldiers Coming Home
- Two people die in crash on Highway 169
- Authorities seeking help in finding missing Kasota man
- Morning News October 12
- Art Groups Awarded Grants