A Mankato man was taken into custody after a brief car chase with authorities Monday evening. 33-year-old Preston Michael Overton had allegedly been choking a woman in the parking lot of the Burger King restaurant on Riverfront Drive in Mankato and reportedly left as police were responding to the scene at shortly after 6pm. He led law enforcement officials on a car chase that lasted just a few blocks before he was arrested at about 6:20pm. The woman suffered minor injuries in the altercation. Overton is facing felony charges of fleeing police in a motor vehicle and domestic assault by strangulation.
- Mankato water flouride levels too high
- Beam Me into a Suite, Scotty! – Photos and Story by Gordy Jones
- Formal charges filed in prostitution sting
- Police warn of area scams
- Teenage suspect in drug fueled stabbing makes first appearance
- Gustavus arboretum recognized
- Hicks Has Arrived! – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Exhibit in Mankato will show 50 years of Viking’s training camp
- Jack Link’s Beef Jerky settles sexual harassment lawsuit
- Thursday Results
- New Miss New Ulm
- Veterans Eligible for Tax Credits
- St. James couple facing drug charges
- Authorities seeking help in finding missing Kasota man
- Half dozen more arrested in prostitution ring
- Mankato Child Porn Sentencing
- Scott County Fair
- Justin’s Casino Night Should Be a Full House!
- Smile Makers!
- Twins Serve the Fans – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones