Lake Electrocution Turns Fatal 09 Jul 13

A 46-year-old Big Lake man has died after suffering an electrical shock while trying to charge a boat battery while standing in a lake. Authorities say that Daniel Peterson was standing in about 20 inches of water in Sherburne County’s Eagle Lake when he lost his footing and fell into the water while he holding a battery charger, which was plugged into a socket. His 49-year-old sister Kris Biser ran into the water to help, but she was also shocked. Neighbors found the two floating in the lake. They pulled the electrical cord from the socket and pulled the two out before rendering first aid and calling 911. Peterson has since died from his injuries. Biser was taken to the St. Cloud Hospital, and is expected to recover.