The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources announced this week that you can now purchase hunting and fishing license on your smartphone. The ability to buy these licenses on the go like that actually began in late June on the MN DNR Mobile Sale Site, but it is still not quite full service. Around 1,100 mobile license sales have been made so far however. Purchasers get a text message or email that serves as a confirmation for any conservation officer asking about your license. If you have never purchased a Minnesota hunting or fishing license, you must first go to a license agent or call the DNR and provide a driver’s license number so that electronic purchasing can be enabled. Minnesota is number one in the nation in the sales of fishing licenses per-capita. The DNR says that the state has 158 fish species and a total of 5,493 fishable lakes.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!