A Blue Earth County Sheriff’s Deputy discovered several thousand dollars in counterfeit cash while making a traffic stop in Mankato Wednesday afternoon. The car was stopped for speeding on Highway 22 at around 1:20pm. Thousands of dollars in counterfeit $50 bills was found when the car was searched, along with stolen property and a small amount of marijuana. Authorities had just recently received a report of a counterfeit 50 being used at the Quick Mart in St. Peter as well, and the clerk was able to get a license plate number and description of the vehicle, which matched the one pulled over for speeding. The 3 men arrested for the crime are from Illinois: 33-year-old Delonno Armel Myles, 31-year-old Charles Price, and 21-year-old Dennis Deandre Crisler. Price and Myles were reportedly arrested in Iowa in November for passing counterfeit bills there as well.
- Mankato water flouride levels too high
- Beam Me into a Suite, Scotty! – Photos and Story by Gordy Jones
- Formal charges filed in prostitution sting
- Police warn of area scams
- Teenage suspect in drug fueled stabbing makes first appearance
- Gustavus arboretum recognized
- Hicks Has Arrived! – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Exhibit in Mankato will show 50 years of Viking’s training camp
- Jack Link’s Beef Jerky settles sexual harassment lawsuit
- Thursday Results
- Half dozen more arrested in prostitution ring
- Mankato Child Porn Sentencing
- Justin’s Casino Night Should Be a Full House!
- Smile Makers!
- Twins Serve the Fans – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Two people die in crash on Highway 169
- Authorities seeking help in finding missing Kasota man
- Morning News October 12
- Art Groups Awarded Grants
- Wolves Reach Agreement in Principle with Rick Adelman as Team’s Next Head Coach