Authorities have now identified the 2 bodies found in St. Peter Monday evening, and have officially ruled it a murder-suicide. A 911 call was received at around 5:30 Monday evening for a medical emergency involving an unresponsive female at a residence at 601 South Front Street in St. Peter, and two people were found dead. Investigators say that 53-year-old Joel Bruce Reineke of Kasota apparently shot 48-year-old Jacquelyn Marie Johnson of St. Peter before turning the gun on himself. The preliminary autopsy results do indicate that both individuals died from gunshot wounds and it was an incident of murder-suicide.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today