A former student is suing a Faribault prep school over allegations that it allowed a teacher to continue to sexually exploit students. The civil lawsuit says the plaintiff was a minor student at Shattuck-St. Mary’s boarding school when he was sexually abused by Lynn Seibel from 2001 to 2003. The lawsuit says the school knew, or should have known, that Seibel was a danger to students. The former drama teacher is charged with having sexual contact with six teenage students. The 71-year-old Seibel faces 17 felony counts in Rice County, including 2nd-degree criminal sexual conduct. The incidents allegedly happened from 1996 through 2003 and involved male students ages 15 to 18. Seibel left the school in 2003.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- MBW company named Employee Owned Company of the Year