Minnesota rookie Aaron Hicks homered twice and stole a White Sox homer to help the Twins cruise by Chicago 10-3 last night in Minneapolis. Hicks homered in the fourth inning, then reached over the fence to take a home run away from White Sox slugger Adam Dunn in the top of the sixth inning, and followed that up by homering again himself in the bottom of the sixth inning. Justin Morneau knocked in four runs to help the winners and Trevor Plouffe drove in a pair of runs for the Twins, who have won five of their last seven. Pedro Hernandez gave up three runs in five-and-a-third innings as he improved to 2-and-0. Alex Rios plated two runs for the White Sox, who have lost three-of-four. Hector Santiago struck out six in five-and-two-thirds frames, but allowed six runs, three earned, on eight hits as he fell to 1-and-2. The same two teams hook up tonight at Target Field at 7:10 p.m. Coverage begins at 6:40pm on SAM 107.3 and following high school baseball on 860 AM KNUJ.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Harkin Store opens today