US Senators Amy Klobuchar and Al Franken have formed an advisory committee to lead the search for the next US Attorney for Minnesota. The committee consists of 7 seasoned attorneys, judges and law enforcement professionals. The senators say that the committee will help them identify the best candidate for the post. Former Bureau of Criminal Apprehension head Timothy O’Malley will chair the committee. Other committee members include former US Attorney Thomas Heffelfinger, St. Paul Police Chief Thomas Smith, and Stearns County Attorney Janelle Kendall. Current US Attorney B. Todd Jones is nominated to become the permanent director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. His confirmation is pending before the US Senate.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today