A site has been identified for the new $24-million Renville County Hospital and Clinic facility. The Renville County Board on Tuesday unanimously agreed to enter into a purchase agreement for land on the south side of Highway 212 near Olivia that is currently used as farmland. The hospital has negotiated the purchase option from two parties. Jackie’s Farms II LLC owns approximately 26-acres, and Floyd and Lois Palmer the remainder. If all goes as planned, ground could be broken in April 2014, and the new facility opened in late 2015 or early 2016. The new site allows room for future expansion, including the possibility of an assisted living or nursing care facility. Direct access to Highway 212 and the availability of city utilities were offered as advantages to the preferred site.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Harkin Store opens today