A Mankato man has pleaded guilty to assaulting a 4-year-old child. 39-year-old Miguel Angel Beltran admitted to throwing his former girlfriend’s son to the ground, covering him with a mattress and tossing a love seat on him and jumping on top of it. Beltran says he lost his temper with the child, and “felt bad” about what happened. He pleaded guilty to 2nd-degree assault, and charges of domestic assault and malicious punishment of a child were dismissed as part of a plea deal. His sentencing is set for July 5th.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today