Two local area state troopers were presented Life Saving Awards during the State Patrol’s annual awards ceremony on Monday. The awards recognize troopers who distinguished themselves by performing acts that prevented the death of another person. Trooper Dan Anderson was honored for his actions while responding to a domestic assault in rural Nicollet County where a man was stabbing a woman. Along with Nicollet County deputy Jared Thelemann, the two detained the suspect and stabilized the victim, saving her life. Trooper Chris Fredrickson received the award for locating a driver with a medical condition who was reported missing in New Ulm. It was later discovered the man had severe bleeding in his brain and likely would have died if not for Fredrickson finding him. The local state troopers were among 11 receiving the Life Saving Awards.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!