A Redwood Falls man who led police on a high-speed chase through Renville and Redwood Counties last year will serve 35-months in prison for the crime. 46-year-old Brian Noel Hester was sentenced on Monday in Renville County Court after pleading guilty to fleeing police and DWI last month in a plea deal. The 38-mile chase on December 4th reached speeds of upwards of 70 miles-per-hour, including through the City of Morton. Hester had initially faced numerous charges for the incident, including attempted murder for allegedly attempting to run over two officers during the chase. The attempted murder charges were later dropped, and several other charges were dismissed as part of the plea agreement. Hester has been in custody since his arrest, and will be given credit for time served. He has a probation violation court hearing today (FRI) prior to beginning his prison term.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- MBW company named Employee Owned Company of the Year