A 22-year-old Springfield man accused of attacking a woman with a sword has been ordered to undergo a psychiatric evaluation. Ronald Richard Wenisch has reportedly admitted to kicking in the front door of a residence in Springfield earlier this month, and officials say he then struck the victim multiple times with a sword, causing her to bleed substantially. She reportedly needed dozens of stitches in her shoulder following the alleged attack. A Brown County judge has now approved a defense attorney request that Wenisch see a doctor within 30 days. He’s facing two felony burglary charges as well as a felony assault charge for the incident, and remains in custody in the Brown County Jail with bail set at $250,000.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- MBW company named Employee Owned Company of the Year