The New Ulm Human Rights Commission has announced the winners of this year´s poster and essay contests. The theme of this year´s Human Rights contest was “Bullying,” with entries emphasizing the fact that bullying is a universal problem in our schools. The 1st-Place winner of the essay contest was Michael Sloot, with 2nd place going to both Bridget Grathwohl and Desirae Hertling. The 2013 winner of the New Ulm Human Rights Commission poster contest was Kaye Rysdahl, with 2nd place going to Kendra Nesvold and 3rd place to Kali Neuman. Awards will be handed out at the Human Rights Commission meeting at 4:30pm next Monday at New Ulm City Hall. The public is invited to attend. The posters will be displayed at the New Ulm Public Library at the beginning of June.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Harkin Store opens today