The New Ulm Park and Rec Department announced the winner of the 5th annual Big Tree Contest on Friday as part of the city’s Arbor Day celebration. The contest asks residents to find the biggest tree of a certain species within the New Ulm city limits. This year it was an elm tree, and the winner was Joshua Grau. The winning elm tree is at 701 North Franklin, and has a circumference of more than 10-feet. Grau wins $200 to be put towards planting a tree anywhere in New Ulm.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today