A former MSU-Mankato student accused of assaulting another student with a knife last year pleaded guilty to felony 2nd-degree assault in court on Monday. 20-year-old Kevin Joseph Renquist was charged with assault and terroristic threats for the incident, which occurred in a library bathroom at MSU in November. Renquist is said to have come up behind the victim, who reportedly lost a tooth from biting Renquist while defending himself. Nearby students were then able to subdue Renquist until police arrived. Renquist told authorities he was “just trying to scare the kid.” His sentencing is set to take place on June 3rd.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!