The 13-county Twin Cities “Metropolitan Statistical Area” is now 16-counties, with the federal government now recognizing Sibley and Le Sueur counties as part of that entity. Mille Lacs County has also been added to the MSA. A county becomes part of an MSA when at least 25% of its workforce commutes to one of the abutting “core counties.” Both Sibley and Le Sueur border Scott County, while Sibley also abuts Carver County. Other than being included as part of the Twin Cities statistics, the designation may open up federal funding opportunities.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- MBW company named Employee Owned Company of the Year