The Redwood Falls Police Department has received numerous complaints of harassment, defamation, and cyber-bullying over the past week. The complaints involve a Facebook page which allowed people to send posts to the page administrator who would then re-post the statement, allowing the sender to remain anonymous. Several posts were reportedly sexual in nature, contained negative remarks about adults and juveniles, and wrongfully identified individuals as criminals or victims of crimes. The page has since been removed, although similar pages have been appearing for other communities, including New Ulm. Authorities are reminding everyone that posts on social media websites are not anonymous and could, depending on the nature of the posting, subject the poster and page administrator to criminal charges. Parents are urged to monitor children’s computer use as well.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!