Cause Of Clements Fire Determined 19 Apr 13

Investigators have determined that a fire that destroyed a home in Clements last week started in the chimney of the house. Firefighters from Clements and Wanda battled the blaze for several hours last Wednesday, but the house is reportedly unsalvageable. The home is the former rectory of St. Joseph Church, and belongs to Assistant Clements Fire Chief Nick Groebner. He and his family were not home at the time of the fire, and are currently staying with family. The total amount of damage from the fire has not yet been calculated.