A fire at a home in Amboy Thursday evening is being blamed on a backyard bar-be-que grill. The fire at the home on Pleasant Street in Amboy was reported at around 5:30 Thursday evening, and it took fire crews about an hour to get it under control. The Vernon Center Fire Department assisted Amboy firefighters at the scene. Investigators say that the fire apparently started in the back of the home, but made its way through the entire house. No injuries were reported.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today