A St. Peter man remains in custody and charges are pending following a high-speed car chase in Le Sueur County late Friday night. A sheriff’s deputy had reportedly tried to stop a vehicle for a traffic violation at about 11:45pm when 31-year-old Adam Joseph Willaert allegedly took off. The chase reached high speeds as Willaert allegedly attempted to evade authorities. He was pursued through Kasota and down several rural roads. A Minnesota State Patrol helicopter also assisted with the chase. The chase ended when Willaert reportedly attempted to drive down some railroad tracks and his vehicle became disabled. He then allegedly fled on foot, but was located a short time later and arrested without incident. He remains in custody in the Le Sueur County Jail, and should make his first appearance in court today (MON).
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today