The recent St. James City Council meeting was streamed online for the first time ever. The meeting was only about 15 minutes long, but some important business was accomplished. The council unanimously agreed to seek bids on 4 projects the St. James Street and Parks Department requested for the city’s park system. Those projects include a complete rebuild of the St. James campground shelter and re-roofing the bathrooms at the campgrounds, as well as re-roofing the St. James Railroad Club building and the swimming pool bath house. The council also unanimously approved the hiring of new full-time St. James Police Officer Kyle Jones, who’ll begin his duties in the community next week, and approved slight increases to the St. James Pool, Campground and Picnic Shelter rates. This was the first St. James City Council meeting streamed live online, and it is also archived online for the first time ever on the city’s website.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today