A settlement has reportedly been reached in a civil lawsuit involving the City of New Ulm and New Ulm Police Officer Matt Rasmussen. The lawsuit stems from an accident in July of 2011 which claimed the lives of 82-year-old Myra Meyer of New Ulm and her 60-year-old son Brian Wichmann of Mankato. Their vehicle was struck by Rasmussen’s squad car while he was speeding down North Garden Street in New Ulm. An investigation found that Rasmussen did not have his squad car emergency lights or sirens on at the time of the crash. The settlement negotiations were concluded Tuesday evening, but the details of the settlement cannot be released at this time because it still has to be approved by the District Court. The Brown County Court Administrator’s Office says that the case file will be reviewed on April 20th, and after that the details of the settlement should be made public.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today