Brandon Ubel scored 15 points on 4-of-7 from the field to lead the Nebraska Cornhuskers to a 53-51 decision over the Minnesota Golden Gophers in Big Ten action at the Devaney Center on Wednesday night. Dylan Talley chipped in 12 points for Nebraska (14-16, 5-12 Big Ten), which snapped a two-game losing skid. Trevor Mbakwe paced Minnesota (20-10, 8-9) with 15 points and six rebounds. Andre Hollins had 14 points off the bench, while second and third leading scorers Rodney Williams and Austin Hollins went scoreless on a combined 0-of-9 from the floor. Andre Hollins nailed a triple with 2:57 remaining in the game and followed it up with two free throws to tie the score at 46-46. Ubel responded with an old fashioned three-point play and sunk four free throws in the final seconds to seal it for the Cornhuskers. The loss ends the Gophers two game winning streak.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Harkin Store opens today