Big crowds are expected at the State Capitol today (TUE) as House and Senate committees debate and vote on bills to legalize same-sex marriage in Minnesota. The latest poll showed that 53% support the current Minnesota law which bans same-sex marriage, 38% want it overturned, and 9% are undecided. Political Science Professor Steven Schier says there are a lot of Democratic lawmakers from Greater Minnesota where constituents last fall voted for a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage. That amendment was defeated primarily because of heavy opposition in Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- MBW company named Employee Owned Company of the Year