A former Minnesota nurse has been sentenced to two years in prison for stealing painkiller medication at the hospital where he worked. A federal judge on Wednesday also ordered 43-year-old Blake Daniel Zenner of Kimball to pay $340,000 in restitution. Zenner pleaded guilty last September to one count of obtaining a controlled substance by fraud. In his plea agreement, he admitted that he siphoned Dilaudid from IV bags at a St. Cloud hospital for around 4 months. Prosecutors say he sometimes injected the bags with saline solution to replace the missing Dilaudid. Around 25 hospital patients were reportedly infected with bacteria as a result.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!