The field of possible candidates for this year’s Minnesota Teacher of the Year honor has been narrowed down to 39 semi-finalists, and that list includes a Sibley East Elementary School teacher. K-6 Art Teacher Amanda Feterl is among the semi-finalists for Teacher of the Year. A selection panel of 25 community leaders chose the semifinalists from the initial field of 135 candidates from across the state. Feterl is the only teacher from the local area on the list of semi-finalists. The selection panel will meet again in late March to select 10 finalists. The current Minnesota Teacher of the Year, Jackie Roehl of Edina, will announce her successor at a banquet in Brooklyn Park on May 5th. The Teacher of the Year program is organized by the 70,000 member statewide educators union Education Minnesota. Candidates include pre-kindergarten through 12th-grade teachers from public or private schools.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Harkin Store opens today