A rural Silver Lake man is dead after his snowmobile collided with a freight train in the City of Dassel over the weekend. Authorities say that two snowmobiles were traveling along the railroad track in Dassel at about 6:45 Saturday evening when an eastbound Burlington Northern-Santa Fe Railroad train passed. The lead snowmobile, driven by 31-year-old Paul Fenske, reportedly went out of control and slid into the side of the train. Fenske and his sled were dragged for some distance down the tracks. He was pronounced dead at the scene. The other snowmobiler, who was an acquaintance of Fenske, witnessed the accident, but was not involved in the accident itself and was not injured.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today