A North Mankato man facing nearly 2-dozen criminal charges made an appearance in court this week. 29-year-old Michael Caya was arrested after a search of the convicted felon’s home turned up methamphetamine, numerous guns, and more than 30 boxes of ammunition, all within reach of his two young children. After his arrest, Caya reportedly told police that he had the guns because he thought the world was going to end and he needed to protect his family from the government. He remains in custody in the Nicollet County Jail, with bail set at $75,000 with conditions or $150,000 without.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today