The Blue Earth County Sheriff’s Department continues to warn people to keep vehicles off the ice on all county lakes. This comes after numerous incidents of cars falling through thin ice, including a death last week on Lake Elysian. The day before that, a Mankato man plunged through the ice on Washington Lake in his car. He was able to climb out the window onto the roof, and was hospitalized for hypothermia after his wet legs froze to the metal roof as he waited for rescuers. A car broke through the ice on Madison Lake on Wednesday as well, but no one was injured in that incident.
- Mankato water flouride levels too high
- Beam Me into a Suite, Scotty! – Photos and Story by Gordy Jones
- Formal charges filed in prostitution sting
- Police warn of area scams
- Teenage suspect in drug fueled stabbing makes first appearance
- Gustavus arboretum recognized
- Hicks Has Arrived! – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Exhibit in Mankato will show 50 years of Viking’s training camp
- Jack Link’s Beef Jerky settles sexual harassment lawsuit
- Thursday Results
- New Miss New Ulm
- Veterans Eligible for Tax Credits
- St. James couple facing drug charges
- Authorities seeking help in finding missing Kasota man
- Half dozen more arrested in prostitution ring
- Mankato Child Porn Sentencing
- Scott County Fair
- Justin’s Casino Night Should Be a Full House!
- Smile Makers!
- Twins Serve the Fans – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones