The University of Minnesota men’s basketball team snapped a four-game losing streak on Tuesday night with a win at Williams Arena. And, last night the Golden Gopher women’s team did the same. Sophomore standout Rachel Banham of Lakeville poured in 32 points to lead the Minnesota women past Michigan 82-67 in an impressive home floor win. Banham was 11-for-15 from the floor, including six-of-eight from three-point range. Micaella Riche [[ muh-KAYLA RUH-shay ]] added 15 points and Kayla Hirt of Bemidji chipped in with ten. The Gophers are now 14-and-8 overall, while the Wolverines dropped to 16-and-5. Minnesota visits Nebraska on Sunday. The Golden Gopher men, meanwhile, host Iowa on Sunday. Iowa beat Penn State last night.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Harkin Store opens today