A Stearns County judge says a Freeport farmer must face all the charges against him in a raw milk case. Organic egg producer Alvin Schlangen had asked the judge to dismiss 3 of the 6 charges. Schlangen argued those charges were similar to ones he was acquitted on in Hennepin County. But the judge disagreed, ruling that the Stearns County allegations were for actions that happened 10 days after the Hennepin County incident, and involved different food items. In October, a Hennepin County jury found Schlangen not guilty of selling raw milk, operating without a food handler’s license and handling adulterated food. Schlangen faces those three charges in Stearns County as well as three other misdemeanors. No trial date has been set.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today