Officials have released the name of the man that died in a workplace accident in Renville County Thursday afternoon. He’s identified as 60-year-old Erv Knutson of Sacred Heart. The Renville County Sheriff’s Department says Knutson was working outside the Southern Minnesota Beet Sugar Cooperative plant 2 miles east of Renville when he was run over by a payloader at just before 3pm. Reports indicate visibility was poor at the time due to the cold weather and steam vapors in the area. Knutson died at the scene. The Sheriff’s Office and OSHA are conducting the investigation into the accident.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today