A 20-year-old Fairmont man facing arson charges for allegedly starting a fire at a Fairmont school made an appearance in court on Monday. Timothy Jude Brickner was accused of setting curtains on fire in the gym of the Lincoln School in Fairmont last April. The fire prompted an evacuation of the school, although it was contained to the stage area of the gym. Brickner was a student at the Alternative Learning Center in the building at the time. He faces up to 20 years in prison for that crime, and also faces terroristic threats charges for allegedly threatening a Fairmont police officer online. In court on Monday, Brickner’s attorney requested more time to research whether a heavy dose of caffeine may have influenced Brickner’s behavior when he committed the crimes. His next court hearing was set for April 1st.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today