The application period in the search for a new superintendent for the Sibley East School District is now closed, and a total of 20 candidates have applied for the position. Retired Sibley East Superintendent John Langenbrunner is serving as the district’s interim superintendent this school year after former superintendent Stephen Jones went to the Little Falls School District. The South Central Service Cooperative will now narrow down the list of candidates to 6 semi-finalists, and that list will be presented to the Sibley East School Board this coming Monday at 6:30pm at the district’s Arlington campus. The first round of interviews will then begin the following Monday before the list is pared down to 3 finalists. Final interviews for those candidates will then take place beginning at 4pm on February 11th, 12th, and 14th in Arlington, with the public then being given a chance to meet each candidate at 7:15pm. A final contract for a new Sibley East superintendent is then expected to be signed on February 19th.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today