The trial of a McLeod County Sheriff’s Deputy is scheduled to start today (MON). Deputy Mark Eischens was charged with 2nd and 5th-degree assault with a deadly weapon as well as intentional discharge of a firearm for his role in a shooting incident at a residence in rural Glencoe last April. Three law enforcement agencies were executing a search warrant when Eischens allegedly fired his weapon while entering the home and shot 58-year-old Harry Lee Ondracek, who was hospitalized for his injuries before being taken to the McLeod County Jail on drug charges. Deputy Eischens was placed on paid administrative leave following the incident. He has served in McLeod County since 2001, and has no history of discipline.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today