A car fire stopped traffic at the intersection of 7th North Street and Broadway in New Ulm Saturday evening. The fire broke out at just before 5pm Saturday in the northbound lane of Broadway. A witness reported hearing a loud scraping or dragging sound right before seeing flames shoot out from the hood and wheel wells of a vehicle. The driver was reportedly able to escape the vehicle without suffering any injuries, and New Ulm firefighters used a foam spray to douse the fire. The northbound lane at the intersection’s stoplight was blocked off about 20 minutes, and the vehicle was subsequently towed.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!