Minnesota’s unemployment rate fell to 5.7% in November. State Job Analyst Steve Hine says that a good start to the holiday shopping season helped with what was the strongest monthly gain in retail employment in about ten years. Hine says the unadjusted number of retail positions increased 3.3% last month, or by 9,323 jobs. In the regional area there was a 2% gain in employment last month. Hine expects retail to drop-off in January, even though many temporary positions may transition into permanent jobs.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today