A Glencoe man faces multiple felony charges after allegedly being caught trying to break into a car in Hutchinson. An eyewitness had contacted authorities at around 5:30 in the morning to report that someone was breaking into a vehicle on James Street Northwest in Hutchinson, and had already stolen a wallet. Police soon found the man matching the witnesses description, and 25-year-old Scott Brian Wingate was arrested. When he was searched, police allegedly discovered a white crystal-like substance believed to be methamphetamine. Wingate was taken to the McLeod County Jail in Glencoe, and is facing felony charges of 5th-degree possession of a controlled substance and possession of burglary tools, as well as a misdemeanor count of theft.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today