Around 180 pigs died in a hog barn fire near Conger on Tuesday. Ron Kruger was reportedly in another barn on his farm when he spotted smoke Tuesday morning. Firefighters from Conger, Alden and Emmons battled the blaze. Around 30 of the hogs that were killed were piglets, while the rest were pigs between 120 and 150 pounds. Some died in the fire itself while others were suffering and had to be shot. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today