Around 180 pigs died in a hog barn fire near Conger on Tuesday. Ron Kruger was reportedly in another barn on his farm when he spotted smoke Tuesday morning. Firefighters from Conger, Alden and Emmons battled the blaze. Around 30 of the hogs that were killed were piglets, while the rest were pigs between 120 and 150 pounds. Some died in the fire itself while others were suffering and had to be shot. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Mankato water flouride levels too high
- Beam Me into a Suite, Scotty! – Photos and Story by Gordy Jones
- Formal charges filed in prostitution sting
- Police warn of area scams
- Teenage suspect in drug fueled stabbing makes first appearance
- Gustavus arboretum recognized
- Hicks Has Arrived! – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Exhibit in Mankato will show 50 years of Viking’s training camp
- Jack Link’s Beef Jerky settles sexual harassment lawsuit
- Thursday Results
- Half dozen more arrested in prostitution ring
- Mankato Child Porn Sentencing
- Justin’s Casino Night Should Be a Full House!
- Smile Makers!
- Twins Serve the Fans – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Two people die in crash on Highway 169
- Authorities seeking help in finding missing Kasota man
- Morning News October 12
- Art Groups Awarded Grants
- Wolves Reach Agreement in Principle with Rick Adelman as Team’s Next Head Coach