Golden Gopher senior forward Trevor Mbakwe [[ em-BOCK-way ]] of St. Paul grabbed a career high 18 rebounds and scored 14 points to pace Minnesota past North Dakota State 70-57 last night at Williams Arena. Mbakwe put up his numbers in only 21 minutes of playing time. Gopher senior Rodney Williams of Minneapolis added 19 points and six rebounds. He brought the crowd to its feet with a first-half “360 dunk.” Minnesota scored the final eight points of the first half to build an 11-point halftime lead and held a 19-point second half at one point. Lawrence Alexander paced the Bison with 19 points. Minnesota is 11-and-1 on the year, while NDSU fell to 8-and-3.
- Mankato water flouride levels too high
- Beam Me into a Suite, Scotty! – Photos and Story by Gordy Jones
- Formal charges filed in prostitution sting
- Police warn of area scams
- Teenage suspect in drug fueled stabbing makes first appearance
- Gustavus arboretum recognized
- Hicks Has Arrived! – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Exhibit in Mankato will show 50 years of Viking’s training camp
- Jack Link’s Beef Jerky settles sexual harassment lawsuit
- Thursday Results
- New Miss New Ulm
- Veterans Eligible for Tax Credits
- St. James couple facing drug charges
- Authorities seeking help in finding missing Kasota man
- Half dozen more arrested in prostitution ring
- Mankato Child Porn Sentencing
- Justin’s Casino Night Should Be a Full House!
- Smile Makers!
- Twins Serve the Fans – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- More Soldiers Coming Home