An elderly couple from Madison, Minnesota are dead after their van collided with a semi-truck near New London Thursday morning. It happened near Sibley State Park at the intersection of Highways 9 and 71 at about 11:15am. Both the semi driver and the couple in the van were injured in the collision, and the occupants of the van, 82-year-old Arthur Dove and 77-year-old Elaine Dove later died from their injuries. The semi driver, a 63-year-old man from Hector whose name has not been released, is in critical condition at the St. Cloud Hospital. The collision also knocked down a utility pole and a tree, and caused a fuel spill. Highway 71 was closed for some time and traffic was detoured.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today