A 29-year-old Grenada man is in custody after a home invasion in Elmore over the weekend. Derek Shumski allegedly kicked in the door of a home on Mill Street in Elmore at around 5:45 Saturday morning and assaulted two people. One person was able to escape and call 911, and officials arrived on the scene to find a fight in progress and arrested Shumski. A loaded rifle and a knife were found during a search of his vehicle. He’s now facing multiple felony counts, including 1st-degree burglary, domestic assault, 5th-degree assault, terroristic threats and weapons charges.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today