Carbon Monoxide Warning 17 Dec 12

As Minnesotans increase the heat to combat the cold of winter, incidents of carbon monoxide poisoning also increase. Centerpoint Energy’s Becca Virden says that because CO is colorless and odorless, it can be hard to detect. And the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can be hard to detect, too, because they are similar to the flu. Virden says Minnesota law requires that carbon monoxide detectors be placed within ten feet of each sleeping area in every home. If you think you’ve been exposed to carbon monoxide, you’re urged to leave the area immediately and call 911.